This online course is for managers and directors and focuses on how to manage in a way that generates good mental health and wellbeing in the workplace, and doing so in a realistic way that works well for everybody.
Many people spend more waking hours at work than they spend anywhere else, so it is imperative that we do our best to get matters right in the workplace.
So this course spends only a little time on the mental health difficulties that can beset people, and focuses instead on what you as a manager or director can do to foster good mental health and wellbeing in a way that embeds it into your organisation. So we are not talking about mere ‘add-ons’, we are talking about your style and strategy, and operating a style and strategy that is good for your employees and colleagues and therefore is fundamentally good for your organisation in a realistic, practical, and measurable way.
For further information on the format of APT online training, the APT’s guarantee to you, and how to make a group booking, click here.
The course covers a great deal:
- Developing a clear management philosophy: The RAID® Philosophy.
- How to develop good relationships: the 3 key factors, in order.
- Key Principle: Empower, and boost self-efficacy.
- Key Principle: Notice good things more than not so good things.
- Key Principle: Recognise and remove irritants.
- Key Principle: Apply these principles to yourself.
- Key Principle: Know how to ask people to do things.
- Key Principle: Know how to motivate the team.
- Key Principle: Use Feedback, and use it skilfully. Why give negative feedback? Why give positive feedback?
- Major Exercise: Making an action plan and using The Checklist.
- The 5 major factors involved in mental health and wellbeing.
- Putting Square pegs in Square holes.
- Breaking out of the punishment cycle.
- Delegating skilfully and supportively.
- Biological factors, including: Sleep, Diet, Mood-altering substances, Exercise and Relaxation.
- Talking about emotions: is it a good idea?
- If not, what can we do?
- Social factors, including: when people actively dislike each other; people having no real friends at work; ongoing arguments and feuds at work; changes in role or workplace.
- Thinking style: Everything else can be pretty much perfect, and yet people can still spoil it for themselves by taking a gloomy or anxious perspective. So what then?
- Appraisal Interviews
- Making an action plan and using the Checklist.
Click ‘add to cart’ to purchase by card or PayPal. (If you are ordering for somebody else - or a group - create an account and select ‘Bulk Purchase’ once you have proceeded to cart.)
If you would like to be invoiced please email email@example.com stating; the course title, how many places you require, your organization's purchase order number, and the name and address for the invoice to be sent to.
By completing/passing this course, you will attain the certificate APT Accreditation, Level 2 (12 hours CPD)
Your cart is empty